Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
Prefab Hierarchy is reordered after upgrading a project to a newer version of Unity
How to reproduce:
1. Download the user-submitted package(PrefabTestPackage.unitypackage)
2. Create a new Unity project with one of the versions, marked as 'Not reproducible'
3. Import the package
4. Open the Assets\GUI\Controls\BasePrefabs\EscapeMenuPrefabs\NewSaveSlot.prefab
5. Note the order of the prefab hierarchy(UITab is in the 3rd position)
6. Close the project and open it in one of the versions, marked as 'Reproducible'
7. Open the Assets\GUI\Controls\BasePrefabs\EscapeMenuPrefabs\NewSaveSlot.prefab again
8. Note the order of the prefab hierarchy
Expected result: hierarchy order remains the same(UITab is in the 3rd position)
Actual result: hierarchy order has changed(UITab is in the 5th position)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.14f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.14f1, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0f1, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a11, 2020.1.0a20
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a10
Could not test with: 2017.4.36f1(Old prefab system is used)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached