Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Possible memory leak for development mode standalone (Setting UI.Text.text)
1. What happened
Attached project indicates Profiler.GetTotalAllocatedMemoryLong() value growth for players build in Dev mode. This wasn't so in 5.6.1p1. In release mode the behaviour wasn't noticed as well.
Observing this behaviour for Win and OSX standalones and for UWP (was launching this one from VS2015 in Debug mode).
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Build standalone player with Dev mode checked
- Run it
- Observe 'Total allocated' value growing.
It later starts jumping up and down, but the trend seems to grow beyond previous 'max'.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Assert.NotNull passes even though a reference is missing
- [LightProbe][UI] Display Weights option is no longer rendered in Scene View
- Inserting and then Deleting Unicode Emojis into The Text Element Crashes Unity
- [iOS] Game Center authentication screen is not being displayed when canceling login and opening it again
- Unity throws NullReferenceException or EndLayoutGroup errors when EditorUtility.ClearProgressBar() is called