Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X
Possible memory leak for development mode standalone (Setting UI.Text.text)
1. What happened
Attached project indicates Profiler.GetTotalAllocatedMemoryLong() value growth for players build in Dev mode. This wasn't so in 5.6.1p1. In release mode the behaviour wasn't noticed as well.
Observing this behaviour for Win and OSX standalones and for UWP (was launching this one from VS2015 in Debug mode).
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Build standalone player with Dev mode checked
- Run it
- Observe 'Total allocated' value growing.
It later starts jumping up and down, but the trend seems to grow beyond previous 'max'.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- [Android] QosService.Instance.GetSortedMultiplayQosResultsAsync crashes Player when it's built
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player is not killed when using xkill command
Dec 08, 2017 13:18
So far, the only "solution" I found to this issue is to close the profiler window. Monitoring the UI resources was actually causing the memory leak. That fixed the problem for me.
Sep 18, 2017 20:11
Very unfortunate that this is marked as fixed.
Still present in "2017.1.1f1".
Sep 11, 2017 05:57
2017.1.1f1 same memory leak...
Sep 08, 2017 16:32
This is still occurring in 2017.1.1f1
Sep 03, 2017 12:17
Happening to me as well on 2017.1.0f3. The editor playmode keeps growing the memory usage and crash my system.
Also, the problem doesn't happen in the build.
Aug 16, 2017 13:30
I can confirm that this is happening in 2017.1.0f3. Shared UI Mesh keeps allocating memory rapidly in play mode until the Unity Editor crashes.
Jul 30, 2017 18:20
2017.1.0f3 same story
Jul 30, 2017 17:42
I can confirm that this is still happening in 2017.1.0f3. It's only happening in the editor - not in the build. Mesh memory goes up constantly while in play mode. After exiting play mode, the memory doesn't get freed up resulting in an eventual crash of the editor.
Jul 30, 2017 12:26
Claimed to be fixed in 2017.1.0p2 release notes, but still reproducible in the editor. My repro project still leaks ~20 megs per second.
Jul 27, 2017 09:27
this is still happening in Unity 2017.2.0b4 (64-bit), in both android , win standalone and editor playback. I added a new bug report but was marked as duplicate, even though this duplicate says fixed.