Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[PLM] Progressive Lightmapper does not converge with translucent materials
Using the CPU PLM with translucent materials can cause noise in lightmaps with very high sample count 65K. This indicates that the sampling has correlation or biases, which in the end mean that the lightmap will never converge regardless of the number of samples.
This happens in Enter The Room sequence 3 where light is entering the room via translucent curtains.
Stripped version of Enter the Room Sequence 3:
Notice the noise around the curtains:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle