Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.3
[PLM] Progressive Lightmapper does not converge with translucent materials
Using the CPU PLM with translucent materials can cause noise in lightmaps with very high sample count 65K. This indicates that the sampling has correlation or biases, which in the end mean that the lightmap will never converge regardless of the number of samples.
This happens in Enter The Room sequence 3 where light is entering the room via translucent curtains.
Stripped version of Enter the Room Sequence 3:
Notice the noise around the curtains:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors