Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2020.1
[PLM] Editor performance degrades over time while baking and moving the scene view camera
Steps to reproduce
1. Open any existing Unity project (this particular case was tested using the CornellBox project)
2. Navigate to Lighting Settings and make sure that Progressive CPU is set as the lightmapping backend
3. Start the bake
4. Notice as the bake progresses the editor becomes less responsive
Regression introduced in Version 2020.1.0.
- Affects both CPU and GPU lightmappers
- Issue does not reproduce if the scene view camera's position is unchanged during the bake
- This issue reproduces both with the Progressive Updates on and off
- Filtering setting does not have any impact
- Reproduces both on Windows and macOS
- Reproduces in: 2020.2.0a13 (542ff463470b), 2020.2.0a12 (a331b04b65b8), 2020.2.0a10 (11fb376d50c9), 2020.2.0a9 (31beeaab9d72), 2020.2.0a8 (8b7e7268f9f8), 2020.1.0b11 (de513167607b)
- Does not reproduce in: 2020.2.0a3 (ba9de6ac812d), 2020.2.0a5 (524e0703ed85), 2020.2.0a7 (cea774d83c47), 2019.4.0f1 (28bf9ffa347b)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project