Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Player crashes on UnityMain when a nested class with the Serializable attribute inherits from the class which is nesting it.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ('case-1310970.zip')
2. Go to File -> Build Settings and press the Build button
3. Run the Player
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a20, 2020.2.6f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.0a19
- this error might be thrown during build: 'Stack overflow. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)'
- In this project, the crash only occurs when some Script has either a reference to a GameObject that has a TMP Component or the GameObject is active in the Scene. TMP package version seems to not have any effect on this (reproducible with TMP 3.0.0-preview.1 and 2020.2.0a20 but not 2020.2.0a19)
-The issue is caused by the usage of a nested type deriving from parent type:
public class MyAwesomeBehaviour : MonoBehaviour
class Area : Location
A workaround is to unnest Area.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field