Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Player crashes on UnityMain when a nested class with the Serializable attribute inherits from the class which is nesting it.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ('case-1310970.zip')
2. Go to File -> Build Settings and press the Build button
3. Run the Player
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a20, 2020.2.6f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.0a19
- this error might be thrown during build: 'Stack overflow. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)'
- In this project, the crash only occurs when some Script has either a reference to a GameObject that has a TMP Component or the GameObject is active in the Scene. TMP package version seems to not have any effect on this (reproducible with TMP 3.0.0-preview.1 and 2020.2.0a20 but not 2020.2.0a19)
-The issue is caused by the usage of a nested type deriving from parent type:
public class MyAwesomeBehaviour : MonoBehaviour
class Area : Location
A workaround is to unnest Area.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a8
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.9f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.10f1