Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[Player] Build won't launch on Mac if its name includes '&' or '<' character while generating the build
Build won't launch on Mac if its name includes '&' or '<' character while generating the build. If the same build is renamed without using these characters and launched it shows an error that it may be damaged or incomplete.
Build successfully launches if it is generated without using above mentioned special characters or it is renamed with them.
Steps to Repro:
1. Find the attached project/Create a new project
2. Create a standalone build for the Mac OS
3. Name the build using '&' or '<' character Eg: D&D
4. Launch the build > Observe that it won't launch
5. Rename the build without above-mentioned characters and launch > Observe the error "<Build Name> may be damaged or incomplete."
Build should launch on MacOS if it's generated using '&' or '<' in build name
Occurs only on Mac
2018.1.0b1, 2018.1.0a7, 2018.1.a5, 2018.1.0a2, 2017.3.0f1, 2017.3.0b10, 2017.3.0b7, 2017.3.0b1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.0f1, 5.4.6f1
While creating the build, name it without using '&' or '<' character and then rename it after.
Working fine on Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework