Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
PIX and NSIGHT shader debuggers don't work on DX12 with DXC compiled shaders
1. Open the attached project
2. Create a player build with the "Fluid" scene for DX12 with "Development Build" enabled
3. Follow the instructions in https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/DebuggingShadersWithPIX.html to create a PIX capture
4.Try to debug the only SM_6_0 compute and pixel shaders (those with DXIL bytecode)
Expected result: debug symbols are present and you can step through the execution of the shaders
Actual result: cannot debug the SM_6_0 shaders and cannot inspect their source code or entry point names
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Framedebugger: compute shader ints showing up in Float section with wrong value
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- Animation is not mirrored when toggling the 'Mirror animation' option in Blend Tree
- '.' gets replaced with '_' without a warning when creating a folder that starts with '.'
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS