Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Physics.OverlapCapsule doesn't detect Terrain Collider when Terrain Heightmap Resolution is 513x513 (or lower)
1. Open attached project ("case_1263649.zip")
2. Enter Play mode
3. In the Game view window click "Check Collisions" button
4. Observe the results
Expected result: "Detected 1 collisions" is printed in the Game view
Actual result: "Detected 0 collisions" is printed in the Game view
Reproducible in: 2019.3.0f5, 2019.4.5f1, 2020.1.0a19, 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a18
Not reproducible in: 2018.4.25f1, 2019.3.0f4, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a18
Note: Collisions are being detected in some cases (can be observed by clicking "Set Positions for 1 collision" button before step 3)
Oct 28, 2022 15:25
well, that did not get solved... and anyway, my heightmap resolution is 4096x4096.
terrain collision with small objects still goes undetected, in 2022.1.21f1.
Oct 28, 2022 15:02
thanks for fixing this... I did not understand why after applying a height map to my terrain, it no longer generates collision events for small objects.
Feb 19, 2021 00:17
I noticed this same flaw in a collision test on my Player, where the OverlapCapsule is used to check if it is on the ground. The amount of collisions hovers from 0 to 1 as it moves, causing the player's jumping system to fail. This failure stops when the player is on top of objects other than the terrain. I increased the heightmap resolution to 1025 x 1025, and the failure ceased. In fact, there is still an oscillation, but it is almost imperceptible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a2