Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X
PhotoCaptureFrame Fails to Provide Camera Matrices on HoloLens 2
1. With the same Unity App built on top of Unity PhotoCapture and PhotoCaptureFrame API, it is able to take photo and retrieve CameraToWorld and CameraProjection matrices on HoloLens 1. The app works fine taking photo data, however, always fails to provide CameraToWorld and CameraProjection matrices on HoloLens 2.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1) Have Windows SDK 18362 and VS2019 installed
2) Load UnityPhotoCapture scene into Unity 2019.2.17f1
3) Choose Universal Windows Platform as platform, and ensure capabilities WebCam, Microphone, Location and SpatialPerception are enabled, and Virtual Reality Supprt - Windows Mixed Reality is enabled as well.
4) Build and deploy the app onto Hololens 2
5) Once app gets launched, air-tap to take a photo and watch debug log. It prints out "Failed to get camera to world matrix!" and "Failed to get camera projection matrix!"
Resolution Note (2020.2.X):
Duplicate of 1297267. The newer bug has a repro project that shows more edge cases of the issue.
Jun 03, 2020 18:25
People have been reporting issues with PhotoCapture in Unity @HoloLens2 for several months now:
In my case I am not getting the CameraToWorldMatrix or ProjectionMatrix when I run my app on the HoloLens 2 while the app works just fine on the HoloLens 1.
Is there any walk around for this or is there a fix comming soon?
May 13, 2020 16:25
Is there any updates on this fix ? When will it be released ?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
This is a duplicate of issue #1297267