Search Issue Tracker
Perforce integration - Attempting to add a P4Ignore ignored file does nothing
1. Set up a Unity test project with Perforce integration configured
2. Create a P4Ignore file at the root of your project with an excluded path in its definition (e.g. "**/Assets/NetCodeGenerated")
3. Configure Perforce to use the P4Ignore file by running the console command at the root of the project: p4 set P4IGNORE="<name of p4ignore file>"
4. Create a file in the ignored path via the Unity editor
5. With the file selected/shown in the Inspector pane, press the Add button on the upper right
Current behavior: Nothing happens
Desired behavior: A warning or error log or message box comes up explaining that the file can not be added as it falls under a P4Ignore's definition
If I attempt to add the same file in P4V, a pop up comes up noting that the file was not marked for add, as it is ignored. Without any feedback from the Editor on the Add attempt, a user may think that it actually worked or will be confused by it not doing anything.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button