Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[5.5] Batches increase in 5.5 compared to 5.4, various FrameDebugger issues with batching
1. Open user project
2. Open the scene "CH_Level_1_Build"
3. Enter Play mode
4. Check "Batches" and "SetPass calls" in Game Stats.
The Batches and SetPass calls count stays roughly the same in both versions.
1) [not a bug, 5.3 actually was not counting SetPass in depth render] 5.4.2 compared to 5.3.6 has about 2x more SetPass calls (coming from depth texture rendering), similar amount of batches
2) [fixed] 5.5 compared to previous (5.3 or 5.4) has much more batches
3) [fixed] 5.5 when not in play mode, does not display "saved by dynamic batching" stat
4) [fixed] 5.5 when in play mode, doubles SetPass calls compared to outside of play mode
5) [fixed] 5.5 many static batch draw calls in frame debugger aren't shown as such (due to static batch draw call merging that was done)
6) [fixed] 5.6 frame debugger left side tree often does not update to reflect changes
7) [fixed] 5.6 frame debugger rendertarget display often displays wrong/stale data?
Reproduced on: 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b5
Did not reproduce on: 5.3.4f1, 5.3.6p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released