Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.2
[ParticleSystem] Increasing Playback Time makes Editor freeze and finally get "System out of memory" error
Reproduction steps(Gif attached):
1. Open "New Unity Project 28" Unity project.
2. Open "1" scene.
3. Expand "ParticleSystem_OutOfMemory_Test" game object in the hierarchy.
4. Select "fx_flamethrower_y" game object.
5. Click "Simulate"
6. In the Inspector, Particle System component, check "Limit Velocity over Lifetime" checkbox.
- Notice that changes applies immediately.
7. Uncheck this checkbox.
8. Increase "Playback Time" by 200, then repeat step 6, 7 and 8.
- It will take more and more time for changes to apply, eventually crashing the editor(Pic attached).
Regression introduced in:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot activate license within a docker container
- [CPU PLM] Radeon Pro denoiser does not work upon the first bake using CPU PLM
- [IL2CPP] Player crashes after calling HttpClient when Incremental GC is enabled
- [Android 4.1][IL2CPP] IL2CPP app built with "Strip Engine Code" enabled crashes/freeze on Android 4.1 OS devices
- [2018.4] Console throws a Warning about corrupted ProjectVersion.txt file which is in another Project