Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2
ParticleSystem.Emit() ignores timeline when using startColor gradient or startSize, startLifetime curve (always t=0)
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-supplied project
2. Load scene "TestScene"
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe the Game view
Expected result: Both particle trails have particles that are gradient-colored.
Actual result: Particle trail which uses ParticleSystem.Emit() instead of Emission module always emits particles colored with t=0 color. (red in this example)
Reproducible with: 2017.3.0a2, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.1.0p2, 5.6.2p4, 5.6.1f1
Note: Setting startSize, startLifetime to curve also only uses the t=0 value.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI