Search Issue Tracker
ParticleSystem doesn't react to transform changes made to the parent inside LateUpdate
1. Open the attached project (ParticleSystemLateUpdateBug.zip)
2. Open the Test Scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe that particles aren't visible in the Game view but are clearly in front of the camera in the Scene view
Expected: the particles are visible in the Game view
Actual: parent's scale is changed in the Update and then changed back in the LateUpdate, but child Particle System doesn't react to the change made in Late Update. It is in the right place in the Scene view, but is not visible in the Game view and even focusing on the Particle System object focuses the camera on empty space meaning that internally Particle System's position is different than the visual one (the visual position is correct, but actual position is not).
Reproduced in 2017.2.3p2, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.0b4
Did not reproduce in 2018.1.0b5, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a5
Not reproducible in 2018.1.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"