Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.1
ParticlesStandardUnlit shader causes MissingReferenceException when Particle System StopAction is set to Destroy
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load tester-submitted project(Particles.zip)
3. Open '1.unity' scene
4. Select 'Particle System'
5. Expand material component.
6. Run the scene while observing material properties in Inspector(Repeat this step until issue occurs
Expected result: Particle System is destroyed without any issues and messages in Console
Actual result: Particle System is destroyed with some cosmetic MissingReferenceException errors being thrown in the Console
* Reproduction probability varies between different machines.
* Typically reproduces within 10 attempts.
* The issue seems to be related to VertexStreams but altering Vertex Streams options in Particle System seems to not affect the problem.
Reproducible with - 2017.3.0f3, 2018.1.0a7
Could not test: 5.6.4p4, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0a1('Particles/Standard Unlit' shader has not yet been introduced)
Verified in: 2018.2.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source
- AssetDatabase is overwriting GUIDs