Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
Particles length is scaled twice when using Render Mode "Stretched billboard" Speed Scale
1. Open project attached (Test.zip)
2. Open scene "TestScene2"
3. Press play.
Expected result: Objects and their particles will be scaled evenly.
Actual result: Particle length scaled twice.
This issue is related to https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/804772/ changes made in 5.5.0b2.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0p2, 5.6.0b1.
Worked fine in: 5.4.3p4, 5.3.7p2.
Regression found in: 5.5.0b2.
Note: consider, that a speed scale and a length scale are coefficients, and shouldn’t be scaled. They affect resulting size of a stretched billboard on different scales proportionally.
In order to achieve appropriate scaling of whole particle system, only physical values (speed, size etc.) should be scaled. Now, since we increase both speed scale and speed itself, it is not possible to scale objects properly, without adjusting speed scale values.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System
- UI overlay becomes visible in ray-traced reflections when HDR Color output is enabled
- Crash on EditorOnlyPlayerSettings::GetDefaultTextureCompressionFormat when switching or opening a specific project with Android or IOS Platform
- [Mobile] Player silently crashes on a mobile device when using a lot of "Camera" GameObjects (40 and more) in the Scene
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP