Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Particles interferes with Light and causes flickering on sprites
1. Open project attached (Flicker.zip)
2. Open Scene "1".
3. Press play.
Expected result: Particles will have no effect to sprites colour.
Actual result: Sprites starts flickering.
Notes: This problem is easier to detect on 5.6 version, in 5.5 it is very hard to reproduce and any small changes might make this problem disappear (like turning off the arrows).
On ParticleSpawner there is script that instantiates particles and it seems to be the cause of this problem.
Directional light is optional and can be deleted from the scene.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6, 5.6.0b3.
Not reproducible on: 5.5.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."