Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Particles interferes with Light and causes flickering on sprites
1. Open project attached (Flicker.zip)
2. Open Scene "1".
3. Press play.
Expected result: Particles will have no effect to sprites colour.
Actual result: Sprites starts flickering.
Notes: This problem is easier to detect on 5.6 version, in 5.5 it is very hard to reproduce and any small changes might make this problem disappear (like turning off the arrows).
On ParticleSpawner there is script that instantiates particles and it seems to be the cause of this problem.
Directional light is optional and can be deleted from the scene.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6, 5.6.0b3.
Not reproducible on: 5.5.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded