Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Particles interferes with Light and causes flickering on sprites
1. Open project attached (Flicker.zip)
2. Open Scene "1".
3. Press play.
Expected result: Particles will have no effect to sprites colour.
Actual result: Sprites starts flickering.
Notes: This problem is easier to detect on 5.6 version, in 5.5 it is very hard to reproduce and any small changes might make this problem disappear (like turning off the arrows).
On ParticleSpawner there is script that instantiates particles and it seems to be the cause of this problem.
Directional light is optional and can be deleted from the scene.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6, 5.6.0b3.
Not reproducible on: 5.5.0f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LightingData for additively loaded scenes baked together is much bigger than for a single scene with same geometry
- [DrawMeshInstancedIndirect] ComputeBuffer set to MaterialPropertyBlock doesn't take effect when drawing a mesh
- MergePrefabInstance crash when reimporting assets from Assets Store
- 100% reproducible crash on drag and drop on Windows
- Physics2D.Distance returns incorrect distance between colliders