Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2020.1, 2020.2
[Particles] Can't set Trail Material via Inspector
The Trail Material UI is missing.
1) Create new project
2) Right click hierarchy view, create new Effects-> Particle System
2b) If Resimulate is checked in the Scene View Overlay, uncheck it, delete the system, and go back to Step 2.
3) Enable the Trails module
4) Notice that the Trails Inspector tells you to set the Trails material in the Renderer module Inspector UI
5) Unroll the Renderer module Inspector. Notice that there is no slot for the Trails Material
Workaround: with the system selected, press "Restart" in the Scene View Overlay. When the system begins to play, the UI for the Trail Material appears.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button