Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2020.1, 2020.2
[Particles] Can't set Trail Material via Inspector
The Trail Material UI is missing.
1) Create new project
2) Right click hierarchy view, create new Effects-> Particle System
2b) If Resimulate is checked in the Scene View Overlay, uncheck it, delete the system, and go back to Step 2.
3) Enable the Trails module
4) Notice that the Trails Inspector tells you to set the Trails material in the Renderer module Inspector UI
5) Unroll the Renderer module Inspector. Notice that there is no slot for the Trails Material
Workaround: with the system selected, press "Restart" in the Scene View Overlay. When the system begins to play, the UI for the Trail Material appears.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Terrain inspector is suggesting a shader which doesn't work
- [Search] Index Manager: Empty item in Include or Exclude list will be taken in count
- [Search] Index Manager folder browse button is limited to Asset folder
- [Search] User Created Indices disappear from manager list if disabled
- UI Toolkit's and IMGUI's Color property's label behaves differently after opening the Color Picker window