Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.2, 2017.3
Particles are emitted when the object is not moving even though the particles system is set to emit with Rate Over Distance
The issue happens only when the rigidbody has Freeze Rotation on the Z axis set to true and the parent object of Particle System object is moved. If the Particle System itself is moved, everything works as expected.
1. Open the project, attached by the user (New Unity Project.zip)
2. Open the "Scene1" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Move the cube with A and D, and then stop
5. Observe how particles are still being emitted
Expected: the Particle System doesn't emit when the object is not moving
Reproduced in 2017.2.0b1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b6, 2018.1.0a1
Did not reproduce in 5.6.4p1, 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0a4
Regression introduced in 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"
- [VerticalLayoutGroup] Children position is not updated when a child's scale is animated
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted