Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.4
Fixed in 2018.2
Particle System updates lights when there are no active particles
ParticleSystem with the emission module disabled or an emission rate of 0 still spends time updating particles and any associated point lights.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open "TestScene" Scene
3. Press play
4. Toggle EmissionModule active state and rate over time value with 'E' and 'R'
-Inspect "Update Lights" calls in profiler
Expected result: ParticleSystems should use very little (if any) time to update lights in the profiler when they have no active particles.
Actual result: "Update Lights" are still called constantly even when there are no active particles (emission module is disabled or emission rate is set to 0)
Note: ParticleSystems are spending time updating their particles and lights unless Stop is called
Reproduced on: 2018.1.4f1, 2018.2.1f1, 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Video won't play at start of scene
- Material error appears when changing Atlas Render Mode for fonts
- Editor throws a console error every time the layout it reset
- Crash on physx::NpShapeManager::findSceneQueryData when entering Play Mode
- Single RenderTexture leak when scattering texture using ScatterAlphamap/EndPaintHeightmap