Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.4.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Particle System updates lights when there are no active particles
ParticleSystem with the emission module disabled or an emission rate of 0 still spends time updating particles and any associated point lights.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open "TestScene" Scene
3. Press play
4. Toggle EmissionModule active state and rate over time value with 'E' and 'R'
-Inspect "Update Lights" calls in profiler
Expected result: ParticleSystems should use very little (if any) time to update lights in the profiler when they have no active particles.
Actual result: "Update Lights" are still called constantly even when there are no active particles (emission module is disabled or emission rate is set to 0)
Note: ParticleSystems are spending time updating their particles and lights unless Stop is called
Reproduced on: 2018.1.4f1, 2018.2.1f1, 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)