Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Particle System Renderer Mesh becomes missing when loading it from a Prefab in Editor
When a Particle prefab is instantiated the Particle System is not visible because in its Renderer module there is no Mesh. It happens only if a Mesh different from the ones included in Unity (i.e. a cube or sphere) is used
1. Download attached project "ParticleTest.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe that in the ParticleContainer / Particle(Clone) gameObject the Particle System > Renderer > Mesh value is "None"
- This issue appears on both Windows and OSX
- In Standalone everything works as expected
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.9f1, 2017.4.12f1, 2018.2.10f1, 2018.3.0b3 and 2019.1.0a2
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.4.8f1, 2018.1.9f2 and 2018.2.2f1
Regression on Unity 2017.4.9f1 and 2018.2.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default