Search Issue Tracker
Particle instanced by Timeline crashes Editor on death when "Looping" is off and "Stop Action" is set to Disable
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "TimelineTest.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "New Timeline" GameObject, observe in Timeline Window
3. In Project window, select Assets/Scenes/ParticleSystem.prefab
4. In Inspector window, turn off Looping and set Stop Action to Disable
5. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: "New Timeline" Control Track finishes playing after Particle death
Actual result: Editor crashes as Particle dies
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b8, 2019.3.1f1, 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.0b7
Could not test with: 2017.4.37f1 (unable to add Particle System prefab to "New Timeline" asset)
When the "Particle System" prefab does not have "Looping" set to Off and "Stop Action" set to Disable, the editor does not crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit
- [iOS] ReplayKit.APIAvailable returns 'false' on the first call on iOS 13 devices
- Texture preview can be clicked through
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes