Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.X
Particle bounds are not being calculated correctly when "Force over Lifetime" is "Random Between Two Constants"
1. Create new project.
2. Create Particle System.
3. Enable "Force over Lifetime" module.
4. Set "Force over Lifetime" to "Random Between Two Constants", where first constant is (0,0,-3) and another (0,0,-5).
5. Check "Bounds" to make particle bounds visible.
6. Open Scene window, with Particle System selected so it's Simulating.
Expected result: Bounds are drawn around particles.
Actual result: Bounds are in the wrong position.
Reproducible:5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a1
Not reproducible: 5.6.0p3 (all particles are inside bounds (good), but bounds are too big).
Enable one of these modules: Limit Velocity over Lifetime, Rotation by Speed, External Forces, Noise, Collision, Triggers, Sub Emitters, Trails
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System
- UI overlay becomes visible in ray-traced reflections when HDR Color output is enabled
- Crash on EditorOnlyPlayerSettings::GetDefaultTextureCompressionFormat when switching or opening a specific project with Android or IOS Platform
- [Mobile] Player silently crashes on a mobile device when using a lot of "Camera" GameObjects (40 and more) in the Scene
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP