Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.X
Particle bounds are not being calculated correctly when "Force over Lifetime" is "Random Between Two Constants"
1. Create new project.
2. Create Particle System.
3. Enable "Force over Lifetime" module.
4. Set "Force over Lifetime" to "Random Between Two Constants", where first constant is (0,0,-3) and another (0,0,-5).
5. Check "Bounds" to make particle bounds visible.
6. Open Scene window, with Particle System selected so it's Simulating.
Expected result: Bounds are drawn around particles.
Actual result: Bounds are in the wrong position.
Reproducible:5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a1
Not reproducible: 5.6.0p3 (all particles are inside bounds (good), but bounds are too big).
Enable one of these modules: Limit Velocity over Lifetime, Rotation by Speed, External Forces, Noise, Collision, Triggers, Sub Emitters, Trails
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first