Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Parent Prefab fails to correctly override changes to its children Prefabs when trying to override the Parent in the Scene view
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1195496"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy window Expand "Parent" Instance of prefab
4. Select any two child Prefabs, "Cube" and "Cube(1)" will do
5. In the Inspector window Remove the Box collider when two children are selected
6. In the Hierarchy window Select "Parent" Instance of prefab
7. In the Inspector window press "Overrides" and "Apply all"
-- Select the "Cube" and "Cube1" separately and notice that Collider is not removed from one of them, also the "Cube(2)" prefab might have an additional Box collider created
Expected results: Parent Prefab should override everything to Child Prefab GameObject
Actual results: Prefabs are preventing correct overwriting for their parent if the Parent is a Prefab
Reproducible with: 2018.4.0f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.12f1, 2019.3.0b10, 2020.1.0a12
Notes: This Behaviour is not present when making changes in Parents Prefab edit mode, this only happens in the Sene view.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background