Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Planned for 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
PackageManager.Client.SearchAll(offlineMode: true) returns an error if user offline
UnityEditor.PackageManager.Client.SearchAll(offlineMode: true) returns an error saying Cannot connect to 'api.unity.com' (error code: ENOTFOUND) when the user is offline (no network). When offlineMode is true, this method is not supposed to reach out to the network so it should not fail when the user is offline.
Steps to reproduce
Disconnect from WiFi
Launch the Unity editor
The Package Manager Window, which calls Client.SearchAll, should report an error in the console saying Error searching for packages as well as the relevant Cannot perform upm operation log message which includes the reason why (2 messages total).
The Package Manager Window reports 2 errors in the console (4 messages total) for both Error searching for packages and Error searching for packages offline each with corresponding Cannot perform upm operation messages. This is because the Package Manager Window performs both an online search and an offline search on startup. When the user is offline, only the online search should fail.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity crashes or freezes when loading an AssetBundle with AssetBundle.LoadFromFile
- [Linux][Profiler] Missing Profiler error has thrown clicking the "Save Changes" button
- 1 frame long audio clip plays an inconsistent audio sample or does not play at all in the Timeline
- SerializedObject ApplyModifiedProperties is not returning true when editing a List field with custom editor code
- Labels Overlap in NavMeshObstacle Inspector when shape is set to "Box" and Inspector's width is small