Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
PackageManager.Client.SearchAll(offlineMode: true) returns an error if user offline
UnityEditor.PackageManager.Client.SearchAll(offlineMode: true) returns an error saying Cannot connect to 'api.unity.com' (error code: ENOTFOUND) when the user is offline (no network). When offlineMode is true, this method is not supposed to reach out to the network so it should not fail when the user is offline.
Steps to reproduce
Disconnect from WiFi
Launch the Unity editor
The Package Manager Window, which calls Client.SearchAll, should report an error in the console saying Error searching for packages as well as the relevant Cannot perform upm operation log message which includes the reason why (2 messages total).
The Package Manager Window reports 2 errors in the console (4 messages total) for both Error searching for packages and Error searching for packages offline each with corresponding Cannot perform upm operation messages. This is because the Package Manager Window performs both an online search and an offline search on startup. When the user is offline, only the online search should fail.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field