Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2.1.1
Found in [Package]
Package Manager UI refreshes the package list when entering play mode
If the Package Manager UI window is open when entering Play Mode in the editor, it will attempt to refresh the packages list. This causes a major hitch upon entering play mode.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open SampleScene.scene
4. Make sure the Package Manger UI window is open via Window > Package Manager
5. Enter Play Mode
The editor enters play mode and the scene plays without any issues.
When the editor enters playmode, Package Manager refreshes the package list. This causes a big pause, which can be seen in the Game window as the cube stops spinning until the Package list has finished loading.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced in 2019.1.0b7 with Package Manager UI 2.1.1
Cannot reproduce in 2018.3.7f1 with Package Manager UI 2.0.7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made