Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2.1.1
Found in [Package]
Package Manager UI refreshes the package list when entering play mode
If the Package Manager UI window is open when entering Play Mode in the editor, it will attempt to refresh the packages list. This causes a major hitch upon entering play mode.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open SampleScene.scene
4. Make sure the Package Manger UI window is open via Window > Package Manager
5. Enter Play Mode
The editor enters play mode and the scene plays without any issues.
When the editor enters playmode, Package Manager refreshes the package list. This causes a big pause, which can be seen in the Game window as the cube stops spinning until the Package list has finished loading.
Tested on Windows.
Reproduced in 2019.1.0b7 with Package Manager UI 2.1.1
Cannot reproduce in 2018.3.7f1 with Package Manager UI 2.0.7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics Settings RP Asset is changed to None when you press the Escape Key in Object Picker and choose to Continue
- Dedicated Server player crashes on complex HDRP project
- [Mac] Dedicated Server build only decreases Memory usage, CPU time and Build size remain the same as Standalone
- [Linux][Mac] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field