Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
* Users are reporting error when trying to download asset store package from _My Assets_ tab in Package Manager.
* This could be linked to not be able to accept the new _Terms of Service_ within the editor. Backend (Genesis)
1. Go in _My Assets_ with a Unity account owning a paid asset store package with ToS not accepted yet
2 error message in the console:
* [Package Manager Window] 401 Unauthorized. Something went wrong. Please try again later. UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)(at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AsyncHTTPClient.cs:248)
* [Package Manager Window] Server response is "The requested URL returned error: 401 Unauthorized" [Code 401] UnityEditor.Async.HTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)
- Users confirmed this workaround worked for them: “download any random free Asset first and then try again.”
- The new workaround would be to go to https://assetstore.unity.com/account/term (make sure to be logged in with the same user account as the one used in the Editor) and agree the Terms of Services and EULA (bottom of the web page). Then user will be able to download their assets in Package Manager UI (My Assets tab).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Jun 04, 2021 19:59
Same. Cant download anything
Jun 04, 2021 06:26
The new workaround would be to go to https://assetstore.unity.com/account/term (make sure to be logged in with the same user account as the one used in the Editor) and agree to the Terms of Services and EULA (bottom of the web page).
Jun 03, 2021 16:15
Im new to Unity and trying out few assets.
I see this issue too. I have also tried the workaround of adding some random asset which returned the same error.
[Package Manager Window] Server response is "The requested URL returned error: 401" [Code 401]
Is this a bug ? Any ETA for the fix ?
Jun 03, 2021 14:15
im new to Unity and im trying to download my first package. I get this exact problem. I have tried several free assets.
The workaround is confusing to me. How can I “download any random free Asset first and then try again.” when my problem is I can't download any assets...
How do I proceed - is there any other way of downloading assets than through the package manager?