Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Package Manager - Canceling package install forces you to install or restart
When canceling any package install you have a choice to "Continue" with the install or "Force Quit" Unity. If you choose to restart the next time the project is launched it will contain the canceled package.
Steps to reproduce
- Open Unity 2018.3.0b9
- Open package manager and install any package
- During install press cancel
- Notice issue a pop up will appear with a choice of "Continue" or "Force Quit".
- When restarting the project you'll notice that it will install the package anyway.
Unity needs to uninstall packages with grace not "please kill me" and reinstall automatically on restart.
Tested: Unity 2018.3.0b12, 2018.2.1f, 2018.1.9f2
Package Manager UI Version: 2.0.3, 1.9.1,1.8.8
Not a regression as it seems this has always been the functionality.
Note. Pressing the close window button (x) will force quite Unity.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3