Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
P4 Credentials are lost when cleaning the Library folder
Perforce credentials are kept in the Library folder. When we clean the Library in a unity project our credentials are lost and we need to add them to the project again.
The credentials should be stored elsewhere since the library folder may be cleared out by developers.
Mar 27, 2020 14:34
Yeah, I've encountered this same problem. I was able to find a solution through Personalized Cleaning Services (Alberta, Canada) - Home Spritz https://homespritz.ca/personalized-cleaning-services/, but I am not sure if this solution will help me out in any way in the future.
Jul 03, 2018 18:19
On our large project we often find Unity checking out a lot of files from Perforce that we don't expect. Sometimes the solution is to delete the Library folder to force a full reimport - unfortunately this gives the illusion of cleaning up the problem because deleting the Library folder removes the P4 credentials, meaning that of course nothing gets checked out during the import because Unity isn't talking to P4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
The Perforce Credentials will no longer be saved in the Library folder in 2020.1 and newer versions