Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Won't Fix in 2017.1, 2017.2
[OSX] WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl causes CPU spikes
1. Open project attached by QA on computer with OS X
2. Open "main" scene
3. Open profiler tab, enable record and deep profiling. Focus profiler on CPU
4. Enter play mode and hit Run Test button in game window
5. Inspect the profiler
Expected: WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl should cost less time (now ~70ms), it shouldn't cause spikes.
Reproduced with: 5.5.0f3, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b10, 2017.3.0a7
OS: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
Note: Doesn't reproduce on windows (WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl takes ~10ms)
Fixed in 2018.1.0a5
The issue was addressed by adding a new set of APIs to UnityWebRequest, that take instance on System.Uri instead of string URL.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)