Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[OSX] WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl causes CPU spikes
1. Open project attached by QA on computer with OS X
2. Open "main" scene
3. Open profiler tab, enable record and deep profiling. Focus profiler on CPU
4. Enter play mode and hit Run Test button in game window
5. Inspect the profiler
Expected: WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl should cost less time (now ~70ms), it shouldn't cause spikes.
Reproduced with: 5.5.0f3, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b10, 2017.3.0a7
OS: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
Note: Doesn't reproduce on windows (WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl takes ~10ms)
Fixed in 2018.1.0a5
The issue was addressed by adding a new set of APIs to UnityWebRequest, that take instance on System.Uri instead of string URL.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled