Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Won't Fix in 2017.1, 2017.2
[OSX] WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl causes CPU spikes
1. Open project attached by QA on computer with OS X
2. Open "main" scene
3. Open profiler tab, enable record and deep profiling. Focus profiler on CPU
4. Enter play mode and hit Run Test button in game window
5. Inspect the profiler
Expected: WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl should cost less time (now ~70ms), it shouldn't cause spikes.
Reproduced with: 5.5.0f3, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b10, 2017.3.0a7
OS: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
Note: Doesn't reproduce on windows (WebRequestUtils.MakeInitialUrl takes ~10ms)
Fixed in 2018.1.0a5
The issue was addressed by adding a new set of APIs to UnityWebRequest, that take instance on System.Uri instead of string URL.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material