Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[OSX][New scripting runtime] Editor crashes after attaching VS debugger few times
1. What happened
Reproducible on OS X with new runtime only - doesn't happen on legacy Mono. Editor crashes, with no Bug Reporter being invoked after Visual Studio debugger gets attached and detached few times.
This is a regression from 2017.1.0p3
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- Attached is an empty project with 1 default script.
- Open script in VS
- Attach VS to the Editor with 'Play' debugger btn and wait few seconds (2-3)
- Stop the debugger and wait few seconds (2-3)
- Start (overall - 3rd attempt. for me it always crashes at this moment)
>>> Crash. Only OSX crash reporter is invoked
Editor log ends with:
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
Reproducible in 2017.2.0b7 and 2017.3.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Second Hierarchy window is focused when creating object in main Hierarchy
- Editor crashes when deleting in-use SpeedTree Terrain assets
- Error CS0266 when using Implicit operator to convert Nullable<> struct to non-nullable
- [UWP] Ping doesn't work and an exception is thrown when Ping.isDone
- Unity Editor crashes when importing obj file with large dimensions