Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2
Order of Asset Bundle setup affects the contents of the Asset Bundles that depend on them
How to reproduce:
1. Set the Asset Bundle of cat2 to 'ab2'
2. Set the Asset Bundle of cat1 to 'ab1'
3. Use the menu item 'Assets/Build AssetBundles' to build the bundles
4. Rename the asset bundle folder to 'AssetBundles_old' or similar
5. Set the Asset Bundle of both cats to 'None'
6. Use the same Asset Bundle dropdown on one of the cats to select 'Remove Unused Names'
7. Set the AssetBundle for cat1 to ab1
8. Set the AssetBundle for cat2 to ab2
9. Choose the menu item 'Assets/Build AssetBundles' again
10. Use a diff checker program (e.g. Beyond Compare) to compare 'main.manifest' in each of the folders, 'AssetBundles' and 'AssetBundles_old'
Expected result: The manifests are identical
Actual result: The crc (line 2) is different, and the Dependencies at the end are in a different order
Reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.8f1, 2020.2.0b6
- Alternative way of reproducing the is to run a test in the attached project named "SetupOrderOfDependentBundles_DoesNotAlter_MainBundle"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string