Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Opening "Player Setting" throws exceptions after defining a Scripting Symbol and switching a platform
How to reproduce:
1. Create new Unity project
2. File > Build Settings > Player Settings > Player > Other Settings
3. Define any Scripting Symbol
4. Switch platforms
5. Click "Player Settings"
Expected results: No exceptions are thrown
Actual results: InvalidCastException and NullReferenceException thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b3, 2020.2.0b8
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.2.0b2
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.UpdateScriptingDefineSymbolsLists () (at <b39c8a57494f4bd1bf11d6afae39993d>:0)
UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.CheckConsistency (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup) (at <b39c8a57494f4bd1bf11d6afae39993d>:0)
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginScrollView (UnityEngine.Vector2 scrollPosition, System.Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, System.Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption options) (at <b39c8a57494f4bd1bf11d6afae39993d>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in - Unity 2021.1.0a7 and above
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in - 2020.2.0b14 and above