Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.3.X
OnReceivedBroadcast not called on Android/iOs devices when acting as a client
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open "SimpleRepo.zip" project
2. Build for device (Android/iOS)
3. Launch the build on the phone and go to play mode in the editor
4. Set the device as the server and the editor as the client
5. Observe it working with messages being sent and received
6. Now set the Editor as the server and the device as the client
7. Observe no connection being made
Actual: The device should be able to connect as the client to the editor
Expected: Something seems to prevent the OnReceivedBroadcast event from happening
Devices Under Test:
Google Nexus 6P*, OS:7.1.2, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 430, Build:google/angler/angler:7.1.2/N2G48C/4104010:user/release-keys
Google Pixel 2*, OS:8.1.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 540, Build:google/walleye/walleye:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.013/4474084:user/release-keys
Motorola XT1032*, OS:5.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 305, Build:motorola/falcon_retuglb/falcon_umts:5.1/LPBS23.13-58-2/2:user/release-keys
Lge LG D802 (G2)*, OS:4.4.2, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:lge/g2_open_com/g2:4.4.2/KOT49I.D80220h/D80220h.1413914494:user/release-keys
Reproduced on: 5.6.5p1, 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.2.1p2, 2017.3.0p3, 2018.1.0b4
Notes: To get them to connect at all I had to disable firewall.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Apr 26, 2019 12:11
Sorry, my previous comment was meant for another bug. Please ignore it.
Apr 26, 2019 12:09
Seems like it is not really a bug. Looks like this new permission was required for "Multiplayer HLAPI" package, for some reasons got installed by default in unity 2019. Removing this package solves the issue with new permission.
Sep 17, 2018 09:37
Can confirm this happening on HTC U11 and SamsungGalaxy S5 as well. Both devices are connected to the same LAN network via Wi-Fi. OnReceivedBroadcast is not called on the devices at all. If I test this with PC builds on different machines, connected to the same network, OnReceivedBroadcast is being called.
May 21, 2018 15:37
Yup, this is definitely an issue on the Pixel 2
Feb 12, 2018 20:20
I have observed this issue, but only for SOME ANDROID devices -- specifically the Pixel 2 and the Moto E (second generation). I have not observed it on any iOS device, though. It is a HIGH SEVERITY issue for those devices that it affects, because it completely prevents NetworkDiscovery from working for those devices.
It seems Unity may not be setting the CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE permission for Android, nor acquiring Android's MulticastLock, both of which are apparently necessary for SOME Android devices: