Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[OnGUI] Editor hierarchy and Project windows have red text sometimes
- Open this project or start your own project
- I have the Tile Palette and the console window tabs selected, which causes the Hierachy and Project windows to not be visible
- Open a script in a different window
- Write up some errors in that script that causes Unity to fail the script to compile
- alt+tab to that scripting wondo again to fix the compile errors
- alt+tab to the Unity window to trigger the script to compile again
- alt+tab to a different window again while the scripts are compileing
- alt+tab to the Unity window and notice the hierechy window and the Project window have red text and this error appears in the Console:
Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin. Most likely you need to move your GUIStyle initialization code to OnGUI
Note: there are probably smarter ways to get the UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow:OnEnable() to trigger, but this is the only way I managed to do it myself. Reproduced this about 3-4 times in 10 mins, but I'm still not 100% sure what triggers this call.
Reproducible with Unity 2018.3.0b1
Not reproducible with Unity 2018.3.0a11 or earlier versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player