Search Issue Tracker
Obscure error is displayed which fails script compilation, but no information is displayed about the cause of the error
1. Open "Repro" project
2. See Error
3. Clear the Errors
4. Select "Main Camera" in "Main" scene
5. See the Script "Nothing Selected" which isn't loaded due to compile errors, but there are no errors
Expected Result: An appropriate error should be outputted which shows what the compilation issue is caused by and where to find it
Actual Result: An obscure Error is displayed
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0a11, 2017.4.17f1
Did not reproduce on: 2019.1.0a12, 2018.3.1f1, 2018.3.0b1
"InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate)"
I have been investigating this bug and I found out that DevXUnityObfuscatorProU523 tool is screwing up Unity compilation pipeline internal code through reflection. Since this tool is modifying Unity internal code that it shouldn't be modified by users we will not take any action on this problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled