Search Issue Tracker
Object reference is lost when using PrefabUtility.SaveAsPrefabAssetAndConnect in Play mode
1. Open the project attached "616073-201830f2-prefab-save.zip", scve
2. In Hierarcy window, sleect GameObject
3. In Inspector window, drag "Main Camera" to Obj property field in Test Prefab Component, apply prefab override
4. Enter Play mode, modify the value of 'Age' and click SaveAsPrefabAssetAndConnect
5. Exit Play mode and check Obj property of GameObject
Expected: prefab reference remains referenced in the property field
Actual: property field is empty (reference lost)
Reproduced in: 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b6, 2019.2.0a7
Note: 2019.2.0a7 throws error when executing:
Save prefab failed.
TestPrefabInspector:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/TestPrefabInspector.cs:25)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (2019.2.X):
This is by design. A Prefab asset cannot save references to Scene objects but it is valid for an Prefab instance to have a reference to other Scene objects. Note that the blue line in the Inspector stays even after Apply All has been executed (it is still marked as as an override since the value could not be saved to the Prefab).