Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
#pragma target in some shader does not work
Setting pragma target does not seem to affect certain shaders.
1. Open TestScene from the attached project.
2. Open the Tessalation and the 2DTextureArray shaders (in the Shaders folder)
3. Observe how both are set to #pragma target 2.0 and yet show their full functionality in the scene view (2d texture array shader is gray, no texture assigned) :)
4. Go to Edit - Graphics Emulation and switch to Shader Model 2.
5. Observe that the advanced features of the shaders no longer work (as expected) and/or they go to their fallbacks.
Expected outcome: advanced shader features to not work when #pragma target is set in shader to a lower value than is needed for them.
- pragma target seems to work on the standard shader
- tested for regressions in 5.1 : issue still present.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true