Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 15.0.4, 16.0.1
Under Consideration for 14.0.X
Found in [Package]
NullReferenceException is thrown when the Custom Mesh option in the Shader Graph Main Preview window is selected
How to reproduce:
# Open the attached project "U-Shaders.zip"
# Open Assets/FlatSingleColor.shadergraph
# Click the right mouse button on the Main Preview window
# Select Custom Mesh
Expected results: No errors thrown in the Console window
Actual results: "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" thrown in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2022.2.0b5, 2022.2.5f1, 2023.1.0b3
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.44f1, 2021.3.17f1, 2022.1.24f1, 2022.2.0b4
Reproducible on: Windows 10
Mar 30, 2023 08:20
I am experiencing this same issue in 2022.2.12f1. Windows 10 here.
Mar 26, 2023 14:12
This will be the 3rd time you guys have "fixed" this.. why is it so difficult?
Mar 20, 2023 11:01
Im experiencing this as well, super annoying.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 16.0.1):
Thank you for submitting this issue. The fix has been worked on and released on Unity version 2023.2.0a9 (16.0.1)
Resolution Note (fix version 15.0.4):
Thank you for submitting this issue. The fix has been worked on and released on Unity version 2023.1.0b11 (15.0.4)