Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 13.0.0
Fixed in 12.x.x
Found in [Package]
NullReferenceException is thrown in Universal.ShadowCasterGroup2DManager when entering/exiting Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open a new URP project
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Exit Play Mode
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the Console
Actual result: "UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ShadowCasterGroup2DManager.OnPlayModeStateChanged" error is thrown in the Console
Reproducible with: 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6)
Not reproducible with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.30f1), 10.6.0 (2021.1.17f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.19f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b8, 2022.1.0a5)
Aug 13, 2022 12:07
how am i getting this in 2021.3.8f.1??? is there a fix for LTS?
Sep 20, 2021 09:28
Ye Vitya krosavcheg, bolshoi molodec
Sep 20, 2021 06:48
When is a fix coming? NRE thrown on every play mode exit is really annoying and might hide other bugs.
Sep 16, 2021 04:53
Oops, someone forgot to do a null reference check! Quite an annoying error though.
Aug 30, 2021 15:40
This bug makes it impossible to upgrade to 2021.2.0b9.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 13.0.0):
A fix for this issue is available on Unity 2022.1.0a12 and above