Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 2017.3.X
NullReferenceException errors when in Playmode, after removing Animation from Timeline and recording a new clip
1. Open "Test" scene from the attached project "STW_Testing.zip"
2. Select "Cube" in hierarchy.
3. In Timeline, Record a new animation.
4. Convert to clip track.
5. Select Recorded clip.
6. Enter Playmode, and exit Playmode.
7. Delete previously created clip from the Timeline.
8. Enter Playmode.
Actual result: NullReferenceException error appears.
Expected result: No errors.
Reproducible: 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a5, 2017.3.0a6
Not Reproducible: 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0b8, 2017.3.0a4
Full error message:
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SerializedObject.cs:26)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:193)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:185)
UnityEditor.Timeline.AnimationPlayableAssetInspector.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Editor/inspectors/AnimationPlayableAssetInspector.cs:151)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Player flickers to a black screen when built on macOS
- Visual Studio debugger doesn't show full properties of animation variables on Android and IOS Platforms when using IL2CPP Scripting Backend
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] "Access Denied" error when downloading Plastic SCM Cloud Edition through the Editor
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
Dec 06, 2017 15:33
Same for me, have you managed to fix it?
Oct 13, 2017 09:39
Still occurs in the 2017.2.0f3 version