Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[VCS] "Invalid AssetDatabase path" warnings for IsOpenForEdit with builtin package/extension paths (note 2018.3 different issue)
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Change its version control mode to use Perforce (No input is needed, simply changing the mode is enough)
3. In the Hierarchy Window create a new Canvas object
4. In its Inspector Window, right-click the "Graphic Raycaster" component and click "Edit Script"
5. Observe the console window
Expected result: nothing is selected and no errors are thrown
Actual result: the Editor selects an internal UnityEngineUI.dll file and continuously throws nullreference exceptions while it is selected
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a11, 2018.4.1f1, 2018.3.14f1
Not reproducible in: 2019.3.0a4, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.1.5f1, 2019.1.0a12, 2018.2.21f1, 2017.4.28f1 (On these versions the UnityEngineUI.dll doesn't get selected when trying to edit the component and thus no errors are thrown)
Note: This reproduces with any editor component that is marked as "script"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] Unity Version Control window text is replaced by the key names of the labels and buttons
- [Android] Unstable FPS on a Player with an empty URP Scene when launched on Samsung S9
- Profiler fails to pull data from the Player when Building And Running a development build
- ARM64 build fails when Script Debugging is enabled
- LOD Group Component Meshes do not change when the Scene view is closed