Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
[VCS] "Invalid AssetDatabase path" warnings for IsOpenForEdit with builtin package/extension paths (note 2018.3 different issue)
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Change its version control mode to use Perforce (No input is needed, simply changing the mode is enough)
3. In the Hierarchy Window create a new Canvas object
4. In its Inspector Window, right-click the "Graphic Raycaster" component and click "Edit Script"
5. Observe the console window
Expected result: nothing is selected and no errors are thrown
Actual result: the Editor selects an internal UnityEngineUI.dll file and continuously throws nullreference exceptions while it is selected
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a11, 2018.4.1f1, 2018.3.14f1
Not reproducible in: 2019.3.0a4, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.1.5f1, 2019.1.0a12, 2018.2.21f1, 2017.4.28f1 (On these versions the UnityEngineUI.dll doesn't get selected when trying to edit the component and thus no errors are thrown)
Note: This reproduces with any editor component that is marked as "script"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%