Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Null reference exception on entering play mode when an Image with Mask component is selected in Hierarchy
1. Download project "990515 repro.zip"
2. Open the scene "test560"
3. In Hierarchy window, select Image gameobject
4. Enter play mode
5. Observe the console
Result: NullReferenceException: (null)
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/SerializedPropertyBindings.gen.cs:87)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:193)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:185)
UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.OnEnable () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1808)
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
Did not reproduce with: 5.5.3p1
Regression introduced in 5.6
Note: may be related to case 900539
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] [Bugreporter] Suggestion box never updates
- [Pen][Editor] Pen position is not consistent with Mouse position in custom Editor window.
- InvalidOperationException when exiting Playmode
- Inspector mode defaults to "Normal" after Editor restart
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade