Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1
Null reference exception on entering play mode when an Image with Mask component is selected in Hierarchy
1. Download project "990515 repro.zip"
2. Open the scene "test560"
3. In Hierarchy window, select Image gameobject
4. Enter play mode
5. Observe the console
Result: NullReferenceException: (null)
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/SerializedPropertyBindings.gen.cs:87)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:193)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:185)
UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.OnEnable () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1808)
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
Did not reproduce with: 5.5.3p1
Regression introduced in 5.6
Note: may be related to case 900539
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build