Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
Null reference exception on entering play mode when an Image with Mask component is selected in Hierarchy
1. Download project "990515 repro.zip"
2. Open the scene "test560"
3. In Hierarchy window, select Image gameobject
4. Enter play mode
5. Observe the console
Result: NullReferenceException: (null)
UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/SerializedPropertyBindings.gen.cs:87)
UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:193)
UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:185)
UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.OnEnable () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1808)
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
Did not reproduce with: 5.5.3p1
Regression introduced in 5.6
Note: may be related to case 900539
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform