Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X
"Normal Quality" Texture Compression in Unity 2019 causes significantly more color banding than in Unity 2018.3
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open original project "ImageCompressionColorBanding.zip" in Unity 2019
2. Select Assets/YdRYKNe.png
3. Notice in Inspector "Compression = Normal Quality"
4. Observe the heavy color banding of the image
5. Compare to 2018.2 version ( attached image)
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
Nor reproduced in: 2017.4.22f1, 2018.3.7f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse looping to the other side of the screen when dragging tabs after clicking on the Scene view window
- Editor Window contents are not visible when opening it up
- Gamma bleeding and banding when low light baked in VR scene
- A WebGL build with complex shaders has a performance drop when tapping the screen
- No MipMaps are created when using "UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture"