Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2019.1
"Normal Quality" Texture Compression in Unity 2019 causes significantly more color banding than in Unity 2018.3
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open original project "ImageCompressionColorBanding.zip" in Unity 2019
2. Select Assets/YdRYKNe.png
3. Notice in Inspector "Compression = Normal Quality"
4. Observe the heavy color banding of the image
5. Compare to 2018.2 version ( attached image)
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
Nor reproduced in: 2017.4.22f1, 2018.3.7f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'