Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
When you try to connect the profiler to a player built when a more recent version of Unity, one out of two things can happen:
1. It just works (within certain limited release version I presume).
2. It does not work, but you don't get any proper notification about this, just various "random errors" printed to the console.
One example of such a thing "Unknown profiler data message in session block: 62, previous message was 1"
It would be nice if there was a clear versioning of this data stream, both for live connections and for loading saved profiling data, with some obvious feedback that the user is too far apart on versions.
Afaik this has been the case for a long time and is not a regression. The case I was concretely seeing this in today was a player built with 21.2 and mistakenly trying to attach to it from 20.2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene