Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0
No message if missing permissions to write license file (and Unity won't start)
OS X: If you don't have permissions to write to /Library/Application Support/Unity, license file is simply not written and no message is shown to user.
1. Delete existing /Library/Application Support/Unity/Unity_v5.x.ulf file
2. Revoke access to /Library/Application Support/Unity:
2a. cd /Library/Application Support/Unity
2b: sudo chmod a-w .
3. Start Unity
4. Enter your serial in activation window and click OK/Start Unity buttons
Result: Fails to write the license file and doesn't provide a message to user
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Error in console when using the progress bar API along with Texture compression
- NullReferenceException when selecting a Dropdown Component override in the Prefab Overrides menu for the second time
- USS variables are broken on IOS
- Crash when project is reopened or upgraded
- Hub doesn't install windows 10 sdk properly