Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.X
No message if missing permissions to write license file (and Unity won't start)
OS X: If you don't have permissions to write to /Library/Application Support/Unity, license file is simply not written and no message is shown to user.
1. Delete existing /Library/Application Support/Unity/Unity_v5.x.ulf file
2. Revoke access to /Library/Application Support/Unity:
2a. cd /Library/Application Support/Unity
2b: sudo chmod a-w .
3. Start Unity
4. Enter your serial in activation window and click OK/Start Unity buttons
Result: Fails to write the license file and doesn't provide a message to user
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process