Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Newly created script is not attached to a prefab if the script was created in the prefab edit mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Unity project
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Select Sphere's prefab in the scene and go to its edit mode
4. Press "Add Component"
5. Create and add a new script
Expected result: a newly created script is added to the prefab
Actual result: an error message appears; the script is not added to the prefab (can be seen only after closing the prefab edit mode)
Reproducible with - 2018.3.0a6, 2018.3.0a9
Could not test with - 2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.5f1, 2018.3.0a5 (does not have a prefab edit mode)
"You are trying to replace or create a Prefab from the instance 'Sphere' that contains the script 'test', which does not derive from MonoBehaviour. This is not allowed.
Please change the script to derive from MonoBehaviour or remove it from the GameObject.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)
- Inspector displays previously selected Animator layer when switching between layers with keyboard
- Undo is not restoring all of the deleted GameObjects when deleting a large number of GameObjects
- [Linux Hub] Some of the Learn tab projects have a blank 'Download Project' button