Search Issue Tracker
[Mesh] Crash in Mesh.SetSubMeshImpl
MeshDataBindings::SetSubMeshImpl -> UpdateSharedDataSubMeshVertexRange
GetVertexBufferRange(::GetSubMeshBuffer32(submesh, &data), submesh.indexCount, submesh.firstVertex, lastVertex);
first parameter is null, so we have a crash inside GetVertexBufferRange
Cannot reproduce it with old SetTriangles API.
Sidenote: inside MeshScripting::InternalSetIndexBufferData
Mesh::IndexContainer& buffer = m->GetWritableIndexBuffer();
if (meshBufferStartBytes + countBytes > buffer.size())
*outException = Scripting::CreateArgumentException("Accessing %zu bytes at offset %zu for mesh index buffer of size %zu bytes is not possible.", countBytes, meshBufferStartBytes, buffer.size());
buffer.capacity() is correct, but buffer.size() is less than capacity for unknown reason.
1) Open attached project
2) Open the scene file inside
3) Click on the sphere and make sure DebugTestChange's changeMaterial is enabled and list of materials is not empty
HexasphereMaterialData.UseNewMeshAPI = false -- has expected behavior
HexasphereMaterialData.UseNewMeshAPI = true -- some hexes will disappear, then hard crash of Unity Editor on access violation
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off