Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.3.2
“Negative ambient light” with HDR skybox artifacts in 5.3 is worse than prior versions
Default ambient lighting in Unity introduces “negative light” effects when the skybox has a huge dynamic range. See the following screenshot. This scene has a very high-contrast red skybox and a single white directional light. This skybox introduces greenish shadow on the lower half of the sphere.
These artifacts get worse in 5.3. See the following screenshot taken in 5.3.0f4. The lower half of the sphere is lit with clearly wrong color.
This issue makes significant differences in rendered results when using HDRI cubemaps.
Note that this issue doesn’t reproduce when ColorSpace == Gamma.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled