Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
NavMesh.SamplePosition produces unreliable results
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open QA attached project "NavMeshSamplePosition.zip"
2. Open Asset scene and locate the Cube object
3. Enter play mode
4. Open the Navigation tab to see the NavMesh preview
5. Move sideways along the X axis between the two NavMeshes (As per repro video)
6. SamplePosition returns the top level NavMesh only when it's directly above, even if it's closer than the one at the bottom
Expected: Sample Position should return the closest point from the source to the NavMesh regardless of positioning
Actual: Sample Position produces unreliable results when there are multiple levels of NavMesh
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0b9, 17.1.0b10, 17.1.0f3, 17.1.0p3, 17.2.0b6, 17.3.0a3
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.0b8
Not reproduced on: 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0b1, 17.1.0b5, 17.1.0b7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Render Scale Jitter render scale changes that occur continuously
- [UIElements] ObjectField: Pressing delete does not clear contents like IMGUI behaviour.
- Change in avatar mask not reflected in timeline preview mode
- [Regression] Repaint and Layout OnGUI events don't update mousePosition in build
- [Linux][Editor] The Inspector does not take Space bar input.